Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share blu ray stabilization

Dear Communities,

I have a three hour and 27 minute HD video I've edited that I would like to burn to a blu-ray disc. I "Selected all" in the timeline, then clicked "Render All." I have "Double layer" chosen in "Settings."

I am intending to create a disc image first on an external HD, that I will later burn to a double layer BR disc.

I have an error message stating that the background picture will be scaled, which is fine. It looks like this:

User uploaded file

When I click on "Share" and select "Blu-ray," I get the spinning ball for a minute or so, then I get an window open like this:

User uploaded file

I had several clips that I had selected in the timeline and checked the "Stabilization" box in the inspector, but I believed I'd waited until the "Background Tasks" were completed for those, yet every time I try to share I continue to get that message (I've also created a SD version of the video for DVDs). I tried the "Share" to create a BR disc image, but I got an error message that "Share" had failed. I don't know if it is related to the "stabilization" warning or not.

Any suggestions will be welcome. As always, the client is anxious to receive the media.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 9:26 PM

Thanks BenB,

I tried it again, but I got this error message:

Could not create the disc (File Error, There is not enough free space to complete the operation.)

I was exporting the disc image to an external 6TB HD which has 1.4TB available. Does the "not enough free space" refer to the internal iMac drive (the boot drive)?

I'm now trying to burn directly to a double layer BR disc.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2018 9:26 PM in response to BenB

Thanks BenB,

I tried it again, but I got this error message:

Could not create the disc (File Error, There is not enough free space to complete the operation.)

I was exporting the disc image to an external 6TB HD which has 1.4TB available. Does the "not enough free space" refer to the internal iMac drive (the boot drive)?

I'm now trying to burn directly to a double layer BR disc.

Sep 23, 2018 7:38 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Thanks once again for getting back to me so quickly. I got things to work, so I've been working this weekend to get the discs burned, labeled and delivered, so I apologize for my late response to you.

When you ask about my "system drive spec and free space," I assume this is the info your requested:

iMac late 2014

Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7

memory 16 G 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048

HD capacity 999.86 GB

Available 354.08 GB

I remembered that (I think you had said a while back) that there should be at least 10% free space on the drive, so I deleted files from the iMac's internal drive that I no longer needed. Once I did that, I was able to create the disc image. I continue to get the "stabilization" error message, but I went ahead and clicked "continue."

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly. I am continually amazed at the resource that is the Apple Communities.

Gary

Share blu ray stabilization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.