Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Putting Photos in an iMovie

my pictures in Photo do not appear in the viewer of imovie when I select them.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 6:28 AM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2018 9:08 AM in response to ncmtgman

The only size adjustment feature that I could find in the Photos app is contained in the export box when you select the photo and choose to "export a photo".

User uploaded file

As you can see, it gives only general settings like Small, Medium, etc. You can try exporting at one of those settings and see how it effects the resolution and dimensions.

The only other possibility I saw is contained in the Edit dialogue box when you select Edit and then select Crop. It allows you to select the dimensions.

User uploaded file

-- Rich

Sep 20, 2018 9:54 AM in response to ncmtgman

Hi,

I'm not clear on exactly what you are saying.

You should be able to click on the Photos Library item in the iMovie media sidebar and have your photos appear in the media browser view. From there you can double click on them and move them to a project timeline by either clicking on the little plus ➕ sign that appears in the lower right hand corner of the thumbnail, or by dragging. Is this the procedure you are following?

--Rich

Sep 20, 2018 9:58 AM in response to Rich839

Thanks for your help. I checked other topics and located one where the cause was that the photo was too large for iMovie. after some difficulty, I was able to figure out how to reduce the size on my picture (using Preview) and this worked. Despite my search, I was not able to figure out how to reduce the size of a photo in Photos. If you know how this can be done, I would appreciate the directions. It would help save a step if I did not have to transfer to Preview to do it.

Thanks again for your input.

Putting Photos in an iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.