Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to AT&T wifi

I have had the same home wifi network (ATT) and equipment for 3 years. I have never had trouble connecting with my MacBook (12" early 15, OSHighSierra 10.13.6). But in the last few weeks it would frequently refuse to connect. Initially reseting the router and a reboot of the mac seemed to help. Occasionally I would have to delete the network and reenter the password. Now, even though I am entering the password correctly it is not recognized. I tired over and over rebooting every part of the system without success last pm.

My phone connects without difficulty. Other people phones, iPads, and windows pcs have connected without difficulty. My mac connects immediately to other networks. The issues MAY have started around the time I updated to High Sierra.

Any advice on troubleshooting this home wifi issue?

Thanks in advance.

TL

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 25, 2018 6:18 AM in response to tsl90

Update

The fix above only worked for a day. Spent a couple hours on the phone with apple. They recommended I reinstall OS. Had to do this at work on Monday, because I connect to wifi there without any trouble. But when I got home, I still couldn't connect there.

Spent an hour on the phone with ATT. They made changes to my modem. I believe what they did is create another network. Different name, different password. But my Mac, so far, logs on briskly every time. Only downside so far is that I can't AirPrint.

TL

Can't connect to AT&T wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.