Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 frozen

my Apple TV 3 is frozen on screesaver. I researched the other answers here but the solution of pointing the remote closely and pressing both buttons just won't work. I tried connecting to my PC via USB to restore viamitunes but the Apple TV doesn't show up. What else can I do?

Apple TV, Its apple tv 3

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 7:38 PM

You would need to follow the steps exactly. First disconnect all cables, then connect micro USB, the reconnect power. Try a different USB cable, make sure it is capable of data transfer and if it was bundled with another device then it may only be designed for that device.

4 replies

Sep 21, 2018 11:12 PM in response to antoniofromtuguegarao

I tried connecting to my PC via USB to restore through iTunes but the Apple TV doesn't show up.

Restore your Apple TV through iTunes - Apple Support

Did you also plug in the power cord: “For Apple TV (3rd or 4th generation), plug in the power cord. For Apple TV (2nd generation), leave it unplugged.”

Restoring through iTunes is pretty much a last resort. Review to steps in the linked article once more.

Apple TV 3 frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.