Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 12 removed by High Sierra 10.13.6

Yesterday the app store ask me to update to Safari 12, which I did and it worked smoothly. Today I updated from Sierra 10.12. 6 to High Sierra 10.13.6 and the Safari version is the old 11.1.2. So I went back to the App Store and tried to update, but it won't let me because the list shows that I already updated to Safari 12, but it obviously is not aware that the change to High Sierra downgrade Safari to the previous version. Any idea how I can update back to Safari in this situation? Thanks!

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 8:02 PM

Hi Eric, the issue was solved by Apple help. The way to fix these kind of bugs is to restart in safe mode (start button plus shift key) and then go to app store and check for updates and it will let you download the most recent version. I downloaded and installed Safari 12 with no issues. Thanks for your help anyway.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2018 8:02 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, the issue was solved by Apple help. The way to fix these kind of bugs is to restart in safe mode (start button plus shift key) and then go to app store and check for updates and it will let you download the most recent version. I downloaded and installed Safari 12 with no issues. Thanks for your help anyway.

safari 12 removed by High Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.