Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset does not pair with MacBook Pro

I want to pair my Bose headset with my MacBook Pro. The bluetooth headset pairs with my iPhone, but not with my MacBook Pro. The headset does not appear in system preferences on my MacBook Pro. So it is impossible to select the headset and also impossible to pair the device. Is there a way to add a bluetooth device manually? Or does a MacBook Pro not support bluetooth devices (apart from a magic mouse, trackpad or keyboard, all Apple devices)?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 5:00 AM

At this point, I would reset the SMC. If that does not help, I think the next step would be to contact the headset manufacturer. In answer to your last question, I do not know of any way to force a pair of Bluetooth devices.

My headset pairs with my iPhone and I use it that way. My headset pairs with my iPad and I use it that way.

If one of them is paired with the headset, I "assume" that is not at the same time.

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2018 5:00 AM in response to TM Pot

At this point, I would reset the SMC. If that does not help, I think the next step would be to contact the headset manufacturer. In answer to your last question, I do not know of any way to force a pair of Bluetooth devices.

My headset pairs with my iPhone and I use it that way. My headset pairs with my iPad and I use it that way.

If one of them is paired with the headset, I "assume" that is not at the same time.

Barry

Sep 29, 2018 4:07 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thank you for your comment. However, this is not the situation. My headset pairs with my iPhone and I use it that way. My headset pairs with my iPad and I use it that way. My headset does not pair with my MacBook Pro. Nothing else is connected to my MacBook Pro. The MacBook does not detect the headset. Is there an other way to make a connection by bluetooth, other than in system preferences?

Bluetooth headset does not pair with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.