Question:

Question: Buzzing Earpiece iPhone Xs

When my iPhone Xs is at max volume during phone calls I often hear a high pitched “buzzing” or “crackling” sound coming from the earpiece when the person on the other end of the call is talking.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

Posted on

Sep 30, 2018 7:28 PM in response to psaikin In response to psaikin

Just to update, I brought my phone in to the Apple Store with this issue and they swapped it out for a new one but the new one is having the exact same problem.

I decided to test other iPhone Xs models that were in store and all of them had the exact same issue from the earpiece/receiver when playing audio at high volumes (especially things like piano music).

I'm convinced this represents a hardware problem and will be returning the phone this week. I love everything else about the phone, but unfortunately, I need it to function well as a phone.

Sep 30, 2018 7:28 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Oct 16, 2018 1:43 AM in response to psaikin In response to psaikin

The same here. I wonder if this tinkles sound is coming from a moving particle inside the camera. While in a phone call it sounds like something is vibrating inside. Try something out. While not using the phone - shake it and listen for moving particles inside - I can definitely hear it. Then turn the camera on - start shooting a video for example and shake the phone again - this particle sound goes away.

Oct 16, 2018 1:43 AM

Reply Helpful (4)

Oct 20, 2018 9:56 AM in response to psaikin In response to psaikin

Same issue here. Purchased first XS Max but had to return it due to a ‘buzzing’ noise. Second XS Max is no better. Disappointing considering the $1,000+ price tag. All of a sudden my iPhone is feeling less of a premium product if Apple can’t get the basics right. Apple, are you working in this issue?

Oct 20, 2018 9:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 24, 2018 1:06 PM in response to psaikin In response to psaikin

Hi,

I have exact the same issue as described above. Non of your suggestions did help.

I was trying to get some help from Apple support. They sent me to an authorized reseller who was not able to help me. They did just a standard audio hardware check and said that "everything seems to be ok". No, it's not ok!

This is very unsatisfying for a device that costs 1300€. I have never experienced such an issue on any iPhone I had before. How can we get rid of this annoying sound?

Oct 24, 2018 1:06 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 29, 2018 2:55 AM in response to psaikin In response to psaikin

Hello! I have exactly the same issue!!! After I bought a new iPhone Xs, after my first Xs was extremely buzzing during phone calls, I had my second xs with the same annoying issue! The cracking sound is only during phone calls and comes from the earpiece !!! Apple, should we wait for an update?

Oct 29, 2018 2:55 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 29, 2018 4:15 AM in response to baricfrombucharest In response to baricfrombucharest

Interesting to see that almost every XS seems to have this issue.

I contacted Apple Support this morning one more time. They handed my case over to development. They have now 4 days to respond to my case. I will keep you updated.

Oct 29, 2018 4:15 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 30, 2018 7:42 AM in response to obekt In response to obekt

Is there any solution to this? I am facing the same issue. Buzzing/crackling on some phone calls and some videos. Like the apple event I was watching live right now. If I turned up the volume I could hear buzzing... Apple is this a software issue? I sure hope so.. has anyone found a solution to this?

Oct 30, 2018 7:42 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 30, 2018 11:07 AM in response to parag252 In response to parag252

Had you updated to iOS 12.1 ? I am on 12.0 and I have my second iPhone Xs with the cracking-buzzing issue. So I bought a new iPhone xs, after I saw how annoying was my first’s iPhone xs buzzing speaker ! My second iPhone xs is the same!!! Apple please make an update to resolve this issue that had in the past most iPhone X and iPhone 8!

Oct 30, 2018 11:07 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: psaikin

Question: Buzzing Earpiece iPhone Xs