Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes still showing deleted songs - how do I stop this?

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro Retina. I booted this computer from a backup of an old MacBook. On the old computer, I had an extensive iTunes library, which I had deleted entirely before creating the backup that the newer computer (the Retina) was booted from. My iTunes library on the newer computer still the shows all songs I had on my original computer before I deleted them. Only now, there is an exclamation point next to all the songs (because the files are missing).

Basically, I want iTunes to show only the songs that are actually in it. I.e. I don't want it to list any of the old songs that were once in it but now are deleted. How do I facilitate this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 12:51 AM

Hi,

You will need to delete the tracks with !. I suggest that you make a smart playlist based on Location = “not on this computer “. You can then delete them.

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies

iTunes still showing deleted songs - how do I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.