Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share photo albums

I am using Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.6 and iOS device with latest update ( both of them are signed with different Apple ID and password .

How to transfer my shared album from Mac to iOS device and vice versa .

Any suggestions will be appreciated ( prefer using a short cut method ) .

macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 6:00 AM

I created a new album in my photo Library and named it as " years may come " , shared some photos that I added some comments on it , used mark up tool in that photo using this article Use Markup to add comments or draw on a photo in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Added some comment .

User uploaded file

And created the album , selected it and click on continue the photo with mark ups and comment was saved in the new album what I named .

User uploaded file

And invited some person say my daughter on her iPhone .

User uploaded file

She accepted the invitation , a mail was received in my IMAP account , I clicked on subscribe and then opened her phone the album was viewed with comment and mark up what I created .

User uploaded file

But my question was different in the forums the question that was asked that I saw in some threads is how to share a album between two machines , suggestions were there sign in with same Apple ID and password on both machines .Why should a user do it ?

Every time sign out with my Mac and then setting up same Apple ID on both is practically tedious , as I have to again sign with my original apple id when the process of transferring is completed .

as most users have privacy issues , they don't share same Apple ID and password on both machines .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 6:00 AM in response to léonie

I created a new album in my photo Library and named it as " years may come " , shared some photos that I added some comments on it , used mark up tool in that photo using this article Use Markup to add comments or draw on a photo in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Added some comment .

User uploaded file

And created the album , selected it and click on continue the photo with mark ups and comment was saved in the new album what I named .

User uploaded file

And invited some person say my daughter on her iPhone .

User uploaded file

She accepted the invitation , a mail was received in my IMAP account , I clicked on subscribe and then opened her phone the album was viewed with comment and mark up what I created .

User uploaded file

But my question was different in the forums the question that was asked that I saw in some threads is how to share a album between two machines , suggestions were there sign in with same Apple ID and password on both machines .Why should a user do it ?

Every time sign out with my Mac and then setting up same Apple ID on both is practically tedious , as I have to again sign with my original apple id when the process of transferring is completed .

as most users have privacy issues , they don't share same Apple ID and password on both machines .

Sep 24, 2018 1:55 AM in response to tygb

( both of them are signed with different Apple ID and password .

You cannot transfer the ownership of a shared album to a different AppleID. You can only invite yourself with the other AppleID to open the albums on the other device.

Once you can access the shared albums on a device with the different AppleID, you could recreate them with the different AppleID as the owner and copy the photos from the old version to the new version. But you will lose all comments.

Sep 24, 2018 8:02 AM in response to tygb

You would only do that, when you are the only user on both machines. I am using the same AppleIDs on all my devices for iCloud services. Otherwise I could not profit from iCloud syncing. For different users it is better not to share the iCloud AppleID, if they do not want to share the iCloud Mail, Notes, Contacts, and all other iCloud services.

share photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.