Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Version of Safari Doesn't allow Popups?

<sigh>

just trying to pay a bill. I've got a bank that REQUIRES popups to be enabled before I can pay my bill.

Once upon a time Safari had a little check mark (button or whatever you'd call it) that allowed popups - now that button is missing. =(

Well, I never liked bills anyway.

looks like i have version 12 (Safari)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 10:29 AM

Okay, this worked for me:

https://www.technipages.com/safari-popup-blocker

This might be better too - if you can permanently set to popup or not popup for certain websites only. Whereas before to pop or not was a general setting for all (which meant every-time I visited my bank I had to first enable popups and then disable once I was done paying my bill.)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 10:29 AM in response to silver_mica

Okay, this worked for me:

https://www.technipages.com/safari-popup-blocker

This might be better too - if you can permanently set to popup or not popup for certain websites only. Whereas before to pop or not was a general setting for all (which meant every-time I visited my bank I had to first enable popups and then disable once I was done paying my bill.)

Oct 22, 2018 10:17 AM in response to Eric Root

@Eric Root - No specific error message was seen. The problem was popups being blocked leading to nothing happening when visiting my bank to pay a bill. This has been fixed.

My memory is a bit fuzzy now being that three weeks hav rolled on by since I fixed this issue. But, I believe, in Safari, the block/allow popup radio button (for all websites) became a list of websites that you can block or allow popups depending upon which site you visit. Once I added my bank URL to that list I don't need to explicitly allow popups during that brief moment once a month while paying bills.

New Version of Safari Doesn't allow Popups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.