Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor iPhone XS reception on Verizon

I've used a variety of iPhones on Verizon since 2011 - iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6S and now a new XS but somehow the XS has the worst cell reception of the bunch. I can't even get a solid enough connection to set up my voicemail. Have rebooted a few times, gone in and out of airplane mode (which seems to help temporarily). Using an OEM Apple iPhone X folio case, not that it should matter.

On WiFi, download speeds seem to be about 20-30% slower whereas upload speeds are 20-30% faster.

Just me?

iPhone Xs, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 1:47 PM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2018 1:51 PM in response to Carsly

Carsly wrote:

I've used a variety of iPhones on Verizon since 2011 - iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6S and now a new XS but somehow the XS has the worst cell reception of the bunch. I can't even get a solid enough connection to set up my voicemail. Have rebooted a few times, gone in and out of airplane mode (which seems to help temporarily). Using an OEM Apple iPhone X folio case, not that it should matter.

On WiFi, download speeds seem to be about 20-30% slower whereas upload speeds are 20-30% faster.

Just me?

Remove the case and see what happens.

If that doesn't help, then you need to contact verizon.

Poor iPhone XS reception on Verizon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.