Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus SCAM

I also just received a virus warning and threat that I needed to call **** immediately or my lap top would be locked. My laptop was locked momentarily. I called and a male answered with an Indian accent and there was a lot of very loud background noise. I questioned him as to his location and he said he was in California and tried to transfer me to someone else. I hung up and re-started my lap top and it now works. Please investigate this and advise apple customers about this scam.

Thank You.

[Edited by Host]

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 3:18 PM

Never return those phone cals.

More than likely spam and / or scam.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

The chances of that person being in California are slim to none. Probably somewhere in the mid east.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 3:18 PM in response to Solamente2

Never return those phone cals.

More than likely spam and / or scam.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

The chances of that person being in California are slim to none. Probably somewhere in the mid east.

Virus SCAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.