Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPP App list not showing in Profile manager on latest macOS 10.13.6 and macserver 5.6.3

Right after acceptance of latest iOS and MacOS terms and conditions with iOS 12 on Apple School Manager our VPP new purchase APP not pusinng into the app list of profile manager, When renew the VPP token with ASM and Apple push cert, to resume the service right after this whole list gone, while we easily able to purchase APP from legacy VPP account also while device and group settings with device management working fine with all their device settings with all automatic app task running into the task activity in profile manager.

Open the case with ent_support spend lots of hours and check the whole the settings everything looks normal tried everything token renewal, reboot, refresh DB, check network ports settings,Connectivity with apple 17.0.0* network, SSL cert, check the devicemg logs, capture data and send it both to apple support then i found one discussion on apple communities and we tried unbindAD-Reboot-BindAD again start again profile manager service, not work then leave the server for sync AD user and group for almost 12 hours then check app list now showing with all its apps.

Right now observing the services app pushing but some waiting for licenses also wait for report from Apple Enterprise support from captured information.

macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), macserver 5.6.3

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 3:31 PM

ran into this issue after going to 5.7.1, Saw "cannot sync with OD master" "vpp cannot not sync until first OD sync" in the logs. I changed the order of my local dns setting or set just one.

that seem to fix it...

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 4, 2018 7:34 PM in response to vincerivers

Will try this if face similar issue again, on our profile manager setup re-binding with AD directory and complete sync with updated server token resolved our issue, apple support does not have have the resourceful answer also all settings with image capture data report perfectly fine, then for this issue but we agreed to continue our activity by performing above mentioned steps.

Oct 5, 2018 12:32 AM in response to tbs_delhi

So , from what I'm seeing, The active directory connector is definitely bugged in Macos X. Directory utility can perfectly pull data but profile manager keeps failing to sync active directory data. Which leads to VPP not being able to fully sync.

Kept seeing " VPP: cannot sync until first OD sync" error.

I bit the bullet and downloaded Centrify agent for mac. Its a third party active directory connector. You can get it free from their site by providing your "info" , then they'll give you a link to the download.

Good news it fixed by VPP problem. VPP synced right after I binded with my AD and turned on profile manager.

(I did get the postgrest_real high cpu, locking up profile manger bug, waited (45minutes) and the problem went away. Maybe after a long time, tons of new VPP updates take a long time to process?)

Bad news, Centrify doesn't pull some attributes variables that I like to use like %email%. And you can't map attributes to another one like the mac one does. (helpful if you are using Apple School Manager to merge accounts)

IT WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DEVICE ASSIGNMENTS.

Its not as bad, because this time around, I've only used device profile/app settings,named by devices to easily reassign users to devices. Only 200 devices on this iteration of my profile manger.

I was bite before when the previous version osx profile manger randomly de-synced/unbinds.

VPP App list not showing in Profile manager on latest macOS 10.13.6 and macserver 5.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.