Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.7-12.9 bug: every song is its own album

Reviving this thread from just over a year ago, as it's still broken. The only solution is to downgrade to a 12.6.3, which is available here:

http://osxdaily.com/2017/10/09/get-itunes-12-6-3-with-app-store/

Or more sensibly, switch to Android. If you care about music, Apple doesn't seem to care about you.

Itunes 12.7 bug: every song is its own album

Since updating to iTunes 12.7 for Windows, albums of MP3's can no longer be grouped by album on my devices. Each song is appearing as a separate album. This behavior continues through to 12.9.

NB: this is music being manually uploaded from my PC to my iPhone, not downloaded from iTunes or the cloud. It is not being "synced." Please do not insult as by suggesting this as a fix.

After uninstalling 12.9, deleting the .itl file and reverting to iTunes 12.6, (beware iTunes will delete all your device's ringtones and music), music is transferred correctly and groups by Album as expected.

Reinstalling 12.9 reintroduces the bug. Uninstalling and reverting to 12.6 reverses it.

Hundreds of others are reporting the same issue.

Can we get confirmation that this is a known issue and will be fixed, please? Does anyone at Apple even care?

iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 12:39 AM

I take it back. After deleting the iTunes folder, and all the music on my phone, it appears to be working properly now.

Similar questions

1 reply

Itunes 12.7-12.9 bug: every song is its own album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.