Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Screen-time Devices.

Under my Screen Time devices list, I have two devices that I no longer own and use, I have removed them from my Apple ID but they still remain an active device under Screen Time.

How do I remove them from the devices list?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 5:00 AM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2018 6:48 AM in response to an2ony.willis

Hello an2ony.willis,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. Screen Time is a great feature. I can help with this. I want to make sure these are the steps you followed to remove the associated devices. Let us know if you've already done this.

View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

View or remove your associated devices on a Mac or PC

To automatically open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page from your computer, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
    User uploaded file
  4. Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click View Account.
  5. Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then click Manage Devices. If none of your devices are associated with your Apple ID, you won't see this section.

View your associated devices

After you click Manage Devices, you'll see information about all of your associated devices. Listed to the right of each device is the date when it associated with your Apple ID. You can also track how many days are left before you can associate a device with a different Apple ID.

If you don't see a device listed that you expect to see, associate that device with your Apple ID. Then check again to make sure that the device is listed in iTunes.

Remove your associated devices

On the Manage Devices page, click Remove to the right of the device that you want to remove. Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.

If you can't click Remove (the button is dimmed), the device that you're trying to remove is connected to your Apple ID. Sign out of the iTunes Store on that device, then try again to remove it.

Take care.

Oct 3, 2018 12:00 PM in response to Leanne_68

Have the same issue, an old device in my Screen Time Devices list. The old device was removed from my Apple ID and does not show in my iCloud Account, or in my Apple ID Account inside of iTunes (per above). Also, the name of my current iPhone XS Max appears wrong, it just says"iPhone", when it should be Ryan's iPhone XS Max, my iPad name appears correctly, "Ryan's iPad Pro". This appears to be a bug in iOS 12. Can you please submit a bug report, I have no luck submitting bugs.

Removing Screen-time Devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.