Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not Activate IPad

Hi, i have a message for two days " Your Ipad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPad to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes . If this problem persists, contact Apple Support"

I have been trying , hoping that it would work after few minutes. but to no avail.

Anyone can help ? This message just popped up. The day before it is still working fine. I am using an older iPad.

Thank you!

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 8:40 AM

Hello joc2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble activating your iPad, and I have some information that may help.

If you have not already, be sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes and try to activate via iTunes again. It may also help to restart your iPad before trying to activate again. Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. It refers to activating an iPhone, but the steps included may help with your iPad as well.

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2018 8:40 AM in response to joc2

Hello joc2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble activating your iPad, and I have some information that may help.

If you have not already, be sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes and try to activate via iTunes again. It may also help to restart your iPad before trying to activate again. Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. It refers to activating an iPhone, but the steps included may help with your iPad as well.

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Could not Activate IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.