Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quest agent

Since updating to Mojave, every app I open generates a pop-up asking me something like 'Quest Agent wants permission to control xxxxx'. I can't find any other mentions about it on the internet. Anyone have an idea what this is?

macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 7:52 AM

Hi,

I resolved the problem by doing this:

1. Utilities/Activity Monitor

2. I did a search of QuestAgent

3. Double Clicked on QuestAgent

4. Click on Open Files and Ports

5. Copy the address shown there (/Library/Application Support/Quest Software...)

6. Went to the address on Finder (Finder/Go/Go to folder)

7. Send the Quest Software folder to trash

As someone said, it is related to vWorkspaceWeb Connector

Hope this may helps.

Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2018 7:52 AM in response to Remmy70

Hi,

I resolved the problem by doing this:

1. Utilities/Activity Monitor

2. I did a search of QuestAgent

3. Double Clicked on QuestAgent

4. Click on Open Files and Ports

5. Copy the address shown there (/Library/Application Support/Quest Software...)

6. Went to the address on Finder (Finder/Go/Go to folder)

7. Send the Quest Software folder to trash

As someone said, it is related to vWorkspaceWeb Connector

Hope this may helps.

Regards.

Oct 1, 2018 7:52 AM in response to Remmy70

I had this same notification and did some digging around - it was being generated from an old piece of software: Quest's vWorkspace (a remote login application). Just uninstalling vWorkspace isn't enough - you'll have to dig around in Go to Folder for your system library for QuestAgent itself, and essentially delete that manually. Sorry I don't have the full location handy, but I can say that deleting QuestAgent there did remove these pop-ups.

Oct 1, 2018 7:54 AM in response to Sojourner75

Hey Sojourner,

Thank you very much for the step-by-step explanation, I followed your instructions, sent the Quest agent to the trash and I think (fingers crossed) this helped, as I haven't had the pop-up again. I do indeed use VWorkspace for remote access to my workplace, but I've tested it after removing the QuestAgent and it's still working!

Thanks again!

quest agent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.