Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Mojave App Store won't sign in.

Just upgraded to macOS Mojave and the App Store was not showing the update for Xcode, so I signed out, but now when I go to sign in, the login box disappears like the sign in was successful, but it doesn't actually ever sign me in. I can browse the App Store, but if I click the Redeem button or the Add funds button I get a cannot connect to the App Store message. When I go to install an app I get a we cannot complete your purchase 'cancelled' message.

I have tried all the stuff I could find on the web for deleting App Store caches and cookies etc. to no avail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 8:08 PM

Never mind, just figured out an easier way to resolve this:

1. Spotlight > System Information.
  2. In the lefthand column, locate Software > Applications.
  3. Find "App Store" in the list. If there are two versions, click the older one and identify its location.
  4. Navigate to that location in Finder and confirm (via right click > Get Info) that it's the older version. Delete it.

Voila!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 8:08 PM in response to mpdas108

Never mind, just figured out an easier way to resolve this:

1. Spotlight > System Information.
  2. In the lefthand column, locate Software > Applications.
  3. Find "App Store" in the list. If there are two versions, click the older one and identify its location.
  4. Navigate to that location in Finder and confirm (via right click > Get Info) that it's the older version. Delete it.

Voila!

Sep 26, 2018 6:36 PM in response to mpdas108

Ok for anyone following this thread, senior Apple Care support staff have concluded that it is an issue with Mojave itself, and nothing that we can fix. He said that we should wait for an update, and that we don't need the App Store to receive the update, as in Mojave they have migrated the update service out of the App Store.

Oct 10, 2018 1:31 AM in response to mpdas108

I wonder when they are going to fix this. I have been searching for a solution (on and off) for the last two weeks until I found your post. Having the exact same issue—logged out, tried to login, took my credentials, but not actually logging me in.

Before I logged out, I was getting the error message: "Failure to connect" and I tried proxies, DNS flushing, restarting, etc., etc. but eventually tried the logout/login sequence. Since then, I've been logged out. Interestingly, when I put in the wrong password, it will give me an error and give me a chance to retry. So, clearly there is not an authentication error. Something else must be either missing or not connecting.

macOS Mojave App Store won't sign in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.