Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave 10.14 Thumbnail problem

Hello!

I have a problem with thumbnails (jpg, svg, pdf and other graphic files) on my desktop.

Does anyone know how it can be solved?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 3:54 AM

16 replies

Sep 29, 2018 10:15 AM in response to Romankkk123

I tried to reinstall OS from the external USB, and this helped only for some files, some thumbnails was recognized. But after an hour after installation, this process become broken again. For example, folders and files that I opened after new installation are ok, but others still not working and not recognized too. It looks like some Finder processes are conflicting between each other.

Nov 12, 2018 11:50 AM in response to Romankkk123

This is a weird solution, but it's worked twice. I downloaded and installed a free graphics program (first time Gapplin, second time Krita) and had a folder with svgs open after I opened the graphics program. After relaunching Finder, the svg previews started showing up. This stopped working after the first time with Gappling, so I installed Krita the second time and now they're working again. Leaving this here for anyone who really needs this fixed.

Mojave 10.14 Thumbnail problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.