Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Player missing from macOS Mojave

I just upgraded to macOS Mojave on my 2017 MacBook Pro and found that the DVD Player app has disappeared. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a way to recover it? I saw on various sites that an updated (64-bit) version of the app should be included with the new OS, but I cannot find it anywhere.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 10:17 AM

It didn't really disappear. Apple has placed it in /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications.

Click on your Desktop to make Finder frontmost, and press shift+command+G keys to pop the Go to Folder dialog. Enter the path above, and press GO. You can drag and drop DVD Player to your Dock, and then with a right-click on the DVD Player Dock Icon, tell its options menu to Keep in Dock.

DVD Player is now a 64-bit application.

Personally, I use the free VLC application and keep it updated.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2018 10:17 AM in response to Mrk278

It didn't really disappear. Apple has placed it in /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications.

Click on your Desktop to make Finder frontmost, and press shift+command+G keys to pop the Go to Folder dialog. Enter the path above, and press GO. You can drag and drop DVD Player to your Dock, and then with a right-click on the DVD Player Dock Icon, tell its options menu to Keep in Dock.

DVD Player is now a 64-bit application.

Personally, I use the free VLC application and keep it updated.

DVD Player missing from macOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.