Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Question:

Question: Blank CDs Not Showing on Desktop

This is happening since updating to Mojave. Is there some setting I'm missing? I do see the disk when I open Disk Utility.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Oct 4, 2018 7:16 AM in response to Bruce Kieffer In response to Bruce Kieffer

Setting aside the appearance on the desktop, it is relevant to find out if your system is seeing the cd or not.

If in the Finder you navigate to Computer, does the cd appear with other existing volumes or not?

Oct 4, 2018 7:16 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 4, 2018 7:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

A blank CD does not show in finder sidebar or on desktop, but a written CD does in both places. The blank CD shows up as an ejectable HL-DT-ST-DVD (Superdrive occupied) in Disk Utility. Definitely a bug of some sort.

Oct 4, 2018 7:21 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 4, 2018 8:14 AM in response to Bruce Kieffer In response to Bruce Kieffer

If I remember correctly when I inserted a blank CD I used to be given a choice to mount with the Finder OR access it with iTunes, but not both- which makes sense. You are saying you access in iTunes, which may be wrong but is an important information for troubleshooting.

Oct 4, 2018 8:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 5, 2018 2:27 PM in response to Bruce Kieffer In response to Bruce Kieffer

I am seeing the same problem after installing Mojave. I did discover a work-around until Apple gets the bug fixed. With Finder selected, go to File>New Burn Folder

Then put the files into it that you want to burn and burn as you normally would. It works for me. It's a few extra steps from what I usually do but at least I am able to burn my backup Bluray discs.

Oct 5, 2018 2:27 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Bruce Kieffer

Question: Blank CDs Not Showing on Desktop