Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank CDs Not Showing on Desktop

This is happening since updating to Mojave. Is there some setting I'm missing? I do see the disk when I open Disk Utility.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 2:27 PM

I am seeing the same problem after installing Mojave. I did discover a work-around until Apple gets the bug fixed. With Finder selected, go to File>New Burn Folder

Then put the files into it that you want to burn and burn as you normally would. It works for me. It's a few extra steps from what I usually do but at least I am able to burn my backup Bluray discs.

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 2:27 PM in response to Bruce Kieffer

I am seeing the same problem after installing Mojave. I did discover a work-around until Apple gets the bug fixed. With Finder selected, go to File>New Burn Folder

Then put the files into it that you want to burn and burn as you normally would. It works for me. It's a few extra steps from what I usually do but at least I am able to burn my backup Bluray discs.

Oct 5, 2018 4:02 PM in response to Old Toad

Gotcha. So allow me to summarize our discussion:

- There is a bug in Mac OS Mojave that a blank disc does not show up on the desktop for burning

- A work-around is to create a burn folder in Finder by clicking on File > New Burn Folder

- Your burner must be plugged in and powered up for the New Burn Folder option to be visible in the Finder File menu.

Nov 28, 2018 2:27 AM in response to luannfromamherst

luannfromamherst wrote:

Thank you for posting this. It did work for me. I sure hope Apple gets this corrected soon! Also, after installing Mojave, one of my external drives wouldn't write anymore either. I had to order a new one and transfer all the files! UGH!

That is probably not a fault of the drive or the OS. How was/is that drive formatted?

Many drives come formatted as NTFS, and macOS always needed extra software to write to NTFS drives. You probably just needed to update that software (from Paragon or other vendor) to keep writing to that drive.

Now that you've copied everything to another drive, a better option is just to reformat this drive as HFS+ or ExFAT and keep using it.

Blank CDs Not Showing on Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.