Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garageband

I have temporarily deleted Garageband on my Air since I needed some space to download and install Mojave. Now I have successfully installed Mojave, and it's running fine. However, when I tried to download back garageband on the Apps Store, it failed even though I have 15gb of storage. I really need this app since I'll be using it paralelly with iMovie.

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 5:36 AM

You could simply copy GarageBand back to the Applications folder from the backup you made before you upgraded to Mojave.

But 15GB of storage is not sufficient to install GarageBand. The GarageBand.app itself needs only 2GB, but it uses more than 10GB additional storage for loops and sounds and other additional content. I do not know exactly how much the basic installation of GarageBand needs, but it is huge.

You need to free much more storage, if you want to install GarageBand. You should not let the free storage on your Mac drop below 10GB, because you need free working storage to work with the Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2018 5:36 AM in response to hanistar

You could simply copy GarageBand back to the Applications folder from the backup you made before you upgraded to Mojave.

But 15GB of storage is not sufficient to install GarageBand. The GarageBand.app itself needs only 2GB, but it uses more than 10GB additional storage for loops and sounds and other additional content. I do not know exactly how much the basic installation of GarageBand needs, but it is huge.

You need to free much more storage, if you want to install GarageBand. You should not let the free storage on your Mac drop below 10GB, because you need free working storage to work with the Mac.

garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.