Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot view audiobook section. When click on "Recently Added" it redirects me to TV shows.

Since updating to Mojave and iTunes 12.9, I can no longer look at my audiobook section. When I choose it from the drop down menu (or use command-5), I get sent to my first playlist. The two options under Library are "Recently Added" and "TV Shows". When I click "Recently Added" iTunes redirects as if I had clicked on "TV Shows" under the TV Shows options.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 8:39 PM

A workaround is to make a new smart playlist that matches all audiobooks and ignore the two entries at the top that switch into TV Shows. See Organizing audiobook chapters if you run into the issue where iTunes shows multiple covers for the same audiobook.

tt2

Similar questions

9 replies

Oct 23, 2018 8:43 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks turingtest2, I hadn't even considered this option but it's exactly what I need.

I tried a separate user account on my Mac and it works properly on that account. And I deleted my library files on my account and it works perfectly. But restoring the library file brought the error back; seems to just be an error when updating the library files to the bundled version in Mojave (although not for everyone). Hopefully Apple hotfixes it. Otherwise... I'll live with the smart playlist.

Cannot view audiobook section. When click on "Recently Added" it redirects me to TV shows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.