Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Messages in iCloud on Mojave

Just did a clean install of Mojave on my Late '13 iMac 27" and I can't find the ability to enable this feature. Everything else synced over from iCloud besides Messages. In High Sierra, the checkbox was found in the Messages app under Preferences>Accounts>Enable Messages in iCloud (HT208532). In Mojave they replaced the Accounts tab with "iMessage" and that checkbox is nowhere to be found. Checked System Preferences>iCloud and it does not appear as an option there either. Am I missing something, or did Apple forget to put this in?User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 10:41 PM

I ended up signing out of Messages, FaceTime and iCloud in System Prefs. Rebooted into Safe Mode, rebooted again. Signed back in to iCloud with no problem. FaceTime and Messages were hanging again and I walked away for about an hour. Came back and they were both signed in and the Messages in iCloud option was available. Checked and all messages downloaded after about 5 minutes. That's what worked for me but YMMV

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2018 10:41 PM in response to justlen

I ended up signing out of Messages, FaceTime and iCloud in System Prefs. Rebooted into Safe Mode, rebooted again. Signed back in to iCloud with no problem. FaceTime and Messages were hanging again and I walked away for about an hour. Came back and they were both signed in and the Messages in iCloud option was available. Checked and all messages downloaded after about 5 minutes. That's what worked for me but YMMV

Sep 27, 2018 9:38 PM in response to sberman

Yes, I've signed out of Messages, FaceTime, restarted and same issue. Then I signed out of both again, as well as iCloud because it stopped uploading files from the Desktop. Restarted the Mac, signed back in to iCloud with no issue, but when I try to sign in to Messages it does nothing. Doesn't tell me the password is incorrect (which it's not), doesn't shake, just hangs for a few seconds and then the Next button becomes illuminated again. FaceTime allows me to get past the password page but then gives me the spinning gear and a Cancel button continuously.

Missing Messages in iCloud on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.