Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently delete iMessage apps

hi,

I have searched for it but I cannot find a solution in iOS 12.

App store shows me an update to the "gamepigon" app and I wanted to delete it from my phone. In the old iOS it was possible but now I can remove them from favorites but in the store either the system one or the iMessage store I have no option to delete.

Pressing long on the App icon has no effect.

Is this a bug or how is it possible to delete?

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 7:09 AM

Hello mjean66,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Its' my understanding you need assistance with deleting iMessage apps from your iPhone. You've come to the right place! Please try the steps below:

Delete iMessage apps

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap User uploaded file to start a new message. Or go to an existing conversation.
  3. Swipe left over the app drawer and tap User uploaded file.
  4. Swipe left over the app, then tap Delete.
Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2018 7:09 AM in response to mjean66

Hello mjean66,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Its' my understanding you need assistance with deleting iMessage apps from your iPhone. You've come to the right place! Please try the steps below:

Delete iMessage apps

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap User uploaded file to start a new message. Or go to an existing conversation.
  3. Swipe left over the app drawer and tap User uploaded file.
  4. Swipe left over the app, then tap Delete.
Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Permanently delete iMessage apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.