Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud-specific calendars are not syncing to my computer...

The issue:

My iCloud-specific calendars are not syncing to my computer—instead Calendar.app keeps returning a rather cryptic error message. I have tried multiple things and I can't seem to solve this syncing issue. I don't really know when this error started but it's really annoying. 🙂 I'd really love any help figuring this out!

Whenever I launch Calendar.app, I keep getting an error that looks like this:

The server responded with an error.

The request (CalDAVMigrateToServerQueueableOperation) for account “iCloud” failed.

Screenshot of the error message:

User uploaded file

What have I done so far to zero effect:

• I have signed out then re-signed into iCloud on my MacBook.
  • I have signed out then re-signed into all my Internet Accounts in the System Preferences.
  • I have repeatedly toggled the preferences to sync calendar events in iCloud preferences pane.
  • I have restarted my computer pretty every time I tried to fix it.
  • Checked to see if the Calendar app on iCloud.app as well as my other Apple devices is syncing the iCloud-specific calendars correctly (spoiler, they are working perfectly fine. Just not working on my computer.)

Relevant Specs:

MacOS Mojave 10.14 (18A389) running on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018).

Calendars are synced:

• iCloud Family & Work calendars (syncing does not work)
  • A personal Google gmail account (syncing works)
  • A business Google GSuite account (syncing works)

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14), null

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 8:15 PM

Future people who stumbled across this post...as soon as I submitted this giant post—I managed to fix the syncing issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It looks like I had a corrupted .plist file for Calendar.app. To fix that, all I did was:

1. Toggle hidden files with handy three-key shortcut: +shift+.
  2. Navigate to /Users/your-username/Library/Preferences/
  3. Search and delete these files:
    • com.apple.CalendarAgent
    • com.apple.iCal.plist
  4. Restart your computer!

If you still see the hidden files (the file icons will be greyed out) and they are annoying you, just use the three-key shortcut again. The files should be be hidden again!

Similar questions

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2018 8:15 PM in response to roket21

Future people who stumbled across this post...as soon as I submitted this giant post—I managed to fix the syncing issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It looks like I had a corrupted .plist file for Calendar.app. To fix that, all I did was:

1. Toggle hidden files with handy three-key shortcut: +shift+.
  2. Navigate to /Users/your-username/Library/Preferences/
  3. Search and delete these files:
    • com.apple.CalendarAgent
    • com.apple.iCal.plist
  4. Restart your computer!

If you still see the hidden files (the file icons will be greyed out) and they are annoying you, just use the three-key shortcut again. The files should be be hidden again!

Nov 25, 2018 5:44 AM in response to alechile

I was able to use the process you described, but I only found the .iCal.plist file, and could not locate a .CalendarAgent file. I dragged what I found out onto my desktop. I had to force a full shut down because the computer was hanging up on a restart - but it successfully reopened after the forced shut down. Not sure what to do about the file I can't find - but maybe this will help. I'll let you know.

Nov 26, 2018 11:24 AM in response to janis11229

For what it's worth, I coudn't find either until I entered the command in the terminal app that some of the posts in this discussion lead you to. Then, I found the "plist" file in the Library, and dragged it out onto my desktop, but still had no "CalendarAgent" file in the Library. However, interestingly, since the "plist" is no longer in the Library, the message has stopped (about 36 hours now). So maybe this worked.

iCloud-specific calendars are not syncing to my computer...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.