Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared photos missing from shared album

Trying to Share photos in a shared album.

I can create a shared folder, invite my wife with her Apple ID and the folder appears on her phone after she accepts the invitation. However, this is about as far as I can get. If I add a pic to the shared album on either device it does not show up on the corresponding device. Everything looks correct but photos are not

I’ve tried disabling the shared albums in iCloud photos on both phones, deleted/recreated a shared folder, uninvited/reinvited people but nothing seems to work.

Has as anyone had this problem?

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 10:21 AM

I was finally able to resolve this issue on the problem iPhone by disabling Photostream, signing out of iCloud completely, rebooting, sign in to iCloud and re-enable Photostream. How this has anything to do with Photo Sharing, I don’t know but I found a cryptic reference to this online and it did work for me.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2018 10:21 AM in response to musikhersteller

I was finally able to resolve this issue on the problem iPhone by disabling Photostream, signing out of iCloud completely, rebooting, sign in to iCloud and re-enable Photostream. How this has anything to do with Photo Sharing, I don’t know but I found a cryptic reference to this online and it did work for me.

Oct 13, 2018 5:00 AM in response to MRYFLYGUY

I've actually had this problem for what seems like about a year or two with multiple Apple devices. I've been starting to use Google Photos in conjunction with Apple Photos, as it seems much more reliable. Especially for sharing photos and actually making sure they don't just disappear somehow.

Most of the bundled software that comes with Apple devices have gotten pretty buggy.

Shared photos missing from shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.