Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone xs max charging issues

I notice that when i turns off the phone for 20-30 seconds then plug in my lighting cable that comes with the phone it doesn’t pop up that charging icon after a while.

(May i know is this iOS issue or it’s the phone issue?)

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 9:13 AM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2018 2:43 AM in response to soshi tierney

You are right about the 20-30 seconds issue. A closer investigation and I finally discovered that the "Raise to wake" option only solves the immediate "idle" issue. Now after a few seconds (over 30 secs, I think), the problem comes back and is not solved by any other option ("Raise to wake" or "USB Acessories"). The only option that I ended up working, was the use of a "Fast Charger" (Macbook Pro, for example). It seems to me that we'll have to wait for the iOS update.

Oct 6, 2018 5:51 AM in response to filipembarreto

I have got iPhone Xs Max which has same issue that people talking about it. It doesn’t charge or wake up when I plug in the charger it came with. However there is no issue seen when I use my old iPhone 6s Plus charger. Regardless how long the iPhone has been sleep, it does charge immediately when I plug it in with old charger.

I believe issue is from cable or the charger itself while everyone saying it’s the iPhone which has hardware or software issue. This is just my experience and opinion which I hope help people.

Iphone xs max charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.