Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs max dual sim (model A2104)

Hello my friends I would like to ask if the iphone xs max model A2104 dual sim will work in Greece, because there is still the esim support. Where to buy it. Thank you.

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 7:11 PM

I recently received my A2104 and have been experimenting with it. I have placed international sims in the phone (Onesim.com) in each of the dual sim slot. I've inserted it as primary and secondary and it works perfectly. I have also had numerous discussions with both AT&T wireless and apple. If you are using a sim card from Greece there is no question in my mind that the dual sim phone will work just fine. I am using AT&T wireless in my primary slot and the international sim in the secondary slot making calls to Europe without a hitch. I was also told by AT&T and Apple that once the esim is activated it becomes transparent to the other network you are connecting to so long as the system has a roaming agreement with your local provider (assuming you will be using the esim as a US phone). If you are considering the US model with Esim, You may have trouble using it in Greece if that is the only account you have. If you place a Greece nano sim in the phone it will work fine so long as you have the simfree unlocked model. I bought the A2104 because I just didn't want to hassle with the possibility of an issue. Having said that, now that I know about the "transparent" esim, I would consider the US model and save some money. I had to pay a premium buying the HK version and have it sent to USA.

52 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2018 7:11 PM in response to leonar55

I recently received my A2104 and have been experimenting with it. I have placed international sims in the phone (Onesim.com) in each of the dual sim slot. I've inserted it as primary and secondary and it works perfectly. I have also had numerous discussions with both AT&T wireless and apple. If you are using a sim card from Greece there is no question in my mind that the dual sim phone will work just fine. I am using AT&T wireless in my primary slot and the international sim in the secondary slot making calls to Europe without a hitch. I was also told by AT&T and Apple that once the esim is activated it becomes transparent to the other network you are connecting to so long as the system has a roaming agreement with your local provider (assuming you will be using the esim as a US phone). If you are considering the US model with Esim, You may have trouble using it in Greece if that is the only account you have. If you place a Greece nano sim in the phone it will work fine so long as you have the simfree unlocked model. I bought the A2104 because I just didn't want to hassle with the possibility of an issue. Having said that, now that I know about the "transparent" esim, I would consider the US model and save some money. I had to pay a premium buying the HK version and have it sent to USA.

Oct 9, 2018 4:32 PM in response to maruka1997

Apple Hong Kong will not ship to USA so I had to purchase from another source. Many stores will ship to USA I used a vendor from Singapore. I had to pay a small premium but it has been worth it so far. I was originally looking at one from expanses.com.hk. I felt very comfortable choosing them. By the time I was ready to purchase they were out of stock so I found another vendor in Singapore. Phone came in sealed perfect condition via DHL 4 days after I ordered it. They even paid the air freight. No duty no nothing. There could be an issue with the USA warranty but when I registered the pho e with Apple everything went through as expected. In my mind these things either work or not and there isn’t much in between. There is a six month international warranty from seller but I seriously doubt I will ever need it. I’ve purchased many phones while traveling outside the USA including Singapore, Thailand, UK and never once had any issues.

This phone is amazing. I put two sims in and haven’t looked back. I am worried the esim/nano sim is going to have issues when I travel to Europe which I do a few times per year. I put an international sim in both slots and no problem. I put an AT&T sim in the primary slot and an international sim in the other and no problem. I’ve put AT&T in primary and T-mobile in the other and still no problem. I’ve switched them around and no problem. Whichever slot is primary for Data seems to work on all frequencies and changes from LTE downward as needed. My only issues is that I do not love the size of the Max phone. I prefer the smaller footprint of the iPhone X.

So, I think you will have no problem getting the phone trying Hong Kong or Singapore. Just have a little faith.

Paul

Oct 11, 2018 11:42 AM in response to Pirmas

My best guess is to go to eBay and purchase it that way. Some secondary sellers may have purchased the phones and shipped to UK. Apple will not ship the phone outside of China or Hong Kong. Now that the phones have been out for a few weeks, eBay prices will not be so inflated. Buying via eBay is not a bad choice as they monitor their sellers. If you are worried see if you know anyone in Hong Kong who will get the phone and send it to you.

Oct 11, 2018 10:40 PM in response to Mcbrussels

Hello, I want to buy from them as well. But I have a question. The one you got its Hk version or china version. They got the same model no A2104. However FaceTime audio is disabled for china version( FaceTime video is fine on both devices). Can you make FaceTime audio calls? Also you can look at the plug. The plug you got its 3 pin (uk like ) or 2 pin( Usa)? I want to buy the Hk version instead of the mainland china version.

Oct 12, 2018 11:50 PM in response to Mcbrussels

Hi there

I'm planning on getting the dual sim as well. From the articles I've read so far, it seems both nano sims don't have active dual standby. Would you know if that's correct. I read somewhere that if I am speaking to someone on line 1, a person calling on line 2 still end up going straight to voice mail provided voice mail is actually setup else you will not even receive a missed call notification. If call forwarding is enabled from line 2 to 1 or vice versa, would I then getting an intimation that I have a call waiting on the other line ?

For example, when using my note 9, if I am speaking to someone on line 1 and I get a call on line 2, i get a call waiting notification.

Request your input on this before I end up buying it 😁

Kind Regards

Jimmii

Oct 13, 2018 7:39 AM in response to anjamil

Hi,

I believe you are correct on both points. From what I see while using the A2104 HK version is that both sims are active but do not autoswitch to either sim in the event you are on an active line. The call on the "standby" sim will go to voicemail. I am going to try this in a few minutes to confirm. As for the data side, the phone does not autoswitch to the stronger signal. It does not switch until you go to settings and make the change yourself. I have had experience with this and it isn't a big deal. You see signal strength for both lines on your phone and can quickly change to the other sim for data in a few seconds. I am using the second sim for data only and not for two number use (I could) so dual line active talk issues is not a priority for me. The dual sim data is a priority and I am happy with what the phone does at this point. I travel outside the US frequently and using the second line with an international sim such as onesimcard.com is just what the doctor ordered.

Will be back soon.

Oct 13, 2018 3:03 PM in response to reelestates

From what I see there is an issue with FaceTime on the China version. Apparently sound does not work? Another difference is the power adapter. Hong Kong version has UK style plug. China version has what appears to be US style plug. The last time I checked the radio frequencies I think the China version may have had 1 frequency more or less than the Hong Kong version. The Hong Kong version appears to have exactly the same frequencies/bands as US so in my case it was perfect (HK) version for my needs.

Paul Gottlieb

Ca Lic. 0589699

5260 N Palm Ave.

Suite 215

Fresno, Ca 93704

Office Direct 559-490-6242

Benefit Strategies 559-862-4500

Cell 559-859-8229

Oct 13, 2018 7:43 PM in response to bbdpeg

Thanks very much. I ended up buying the device last night from an online retailer here in Dubai. I’ll play around with settings and everything too today. Am curious to see if call forwarding is active on line 2, will the phone then give a beep or some notification while call is in progress on line 1.

The other thing that I am missing being able to do is running 2 WhatsApp accounts like I could on the note 9. I use my personal and work number so having 2 separate WhatsApp numbers is somewhat important. Not sure how to tackle that.

iphone xs max dual sim (model A2104)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.