Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing and WORD difficulties

After upgrading to Mojave we are unable to print from our HP even after downloading new drivers. Also WORD keeps crashing even after we updated the software for it. This is happening on my MacBook Air and my husband's IMAC

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 9:08 AM

See macoS Sierra: Reset the printing system. Same drill for Mojave. When you get to the re-add printer phase, the name of your previous printer will already be in the list, so you can just check it.

You tell us nothing about your printer model. Even if HP provided drivers for High Sierra 10.13.n, there is no assurance that those drivers will work under Mojave. If the last available drivers were released prior to 2017, then you may have an HP paperweight. If we knew the printer model, we could look at alternative driver availability.

If you are using Office 2008 or 2011 for Mac, Microsoft does not recommend them for macOS High Sierra or later. In fact, neither were tested against High Sierra, and Office 2011 received its last update (14.7.7) in Sept 2017, just before Microsoft ceased all support for it in Oct 2017. The best that you can hope for in compatiblity will be the very last Office 2016 for Mac update. As Mojave is brand new, it may take some time for Microsoft to fix any major issues in Office 2016 for Mac, and post an appropriate update. This happens every year at this time.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 9:08 AM in response to tutsters

See macoS Sierra: Reset the printing system. Same drill for Mojave. When you get to the re-add printer phase, the name of your previous printer will already be in the list, so you can just check it.

You tell us nothing about your printer model. Even if HP provided drivers for High Sierra 10.13.n, there is no assurance that those drivers will work under Mojave. If the last available drivers were released prior to 2017, then you may have an HP paperweight. If we knew the printer model, we could look at alternative driver availability.

If you are using Office 2008 or 2011 for Mac, Microsoft does not recommend them for macOS High Sierra or later. In fact, neither were tested against High Sierra, and Office 2011 received its last update (14.7.7) in Sept 2017, just before Microsoft ceased all support for it in Oct 2017. The best that you can hope for in compatiblity will be the very last Office 2016 for Mac update. As Mojave is brand new, it may take some time for Microsoft to fix any major issues in Office 2016 for Mac, and post an appropriate update. This happens every year at this time.

Oct 26, 2018 11:57 AM in response to VikingOSX

The link in your first line is broken: "we can't find the article." It appears (from the count on the previous page) that quite a few people are having this same problem. I have a MacBook Air and a quite-new HP Office Jet 7720 that worked perfectly under the previous operating system. I can still print with no problem off of my iPad. When I try to download the printer software, it starts, and then it says, Safari can't resume this download. It 'doesn't appear' to be a valid download file, even though it's the one HP says to use. Whenever I try to print anything using either the short cut or the command, I just get knocked off of Word.

Printing and WORD difficulties

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.