Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone app freezes

I updated my iPhone SE 64 GB to iOS 12 over WiFi. The phone app freezes meaning it will not respond when I touch the Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad, and Voicemail phone app icons. The phone app will stay stuck on whatever the last phone app icon was last used. I am still able to receive phone calls, and can use the Contacts app and the Messages app to make a phone call. Double clicking on the the home button and swiping up to close the phone app will not unfreeze it. Holding down the power button until the "slide to power off' message appears and then holding the home button until the phone resets does not unfreeze the phone app. Turning on airplane mode for several minutes and then turning off airplane mode does not unfreeze the app. Do not disturb is turned off. Turning off the phone and turning it back on is the only method that unfreezes the phone app temporarily. I connected my iPhone to my computer, backed up the phone, downloaded iOS 12 through iTunes, clicked restore iPhone, and then restored my iPhone from the back up. The phone app still freezes at least once a day. This issue never happened prior to the iOS 12 update. I use Boost Mobile as my carrier. If anyone has come across this issue and has found a solution, please let me know.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 3:57 PM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2018 9:19 AM in response to georgevargas

This is a very serious issue as it actually stops the phone from being able to make any calls once the error occurs. I tried getting Siri to call me or my voicemail and both resulted in Siri apologizing that it cannot make a call right now or something went wrong. I also thinks it happens when you get a a SPAM call and don't answer it and respond with a text message. The phone screen automatically opens to favorites and all your contacts show as grey circles with no image. Restarting the phone resets the issue until the next time you don't answer. It's definitely an IOS12 Bug as it never happened prior to that..

iPhone app freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.