Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app sharing options no longer support Flickr (and other social media) in OS Mojave

With all new software release, there are little things that have changed and that you discover as you go...

OS Mojave is no exception. I am very disappointed to see that I can no longer upload my photos from Photos to Flickr. This is now a manual and cumbersome process.

I don't want to ditch Flickr and I want to continue editing my photos on Photos/Luminar extension.

I don't think there is any "work around' ?

Oh well.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), LaCie Thunderbt 2TB ext hard drive

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 10:36 PM

The data path is now "pull" rather than "push."

The workaround (new paradigm) is to go to flickr.com, initiate a photo upload, and select the photo(s) using the media browser. That is, wait for the "open" dialog and scroll all the way down the sidebar to "Photos" under "Media".

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 1, 2018 10:35 PM in response to markwmsn

Thank you @markwmsn a new paradigm indeed. Had never thought of uploading my photos that way. It works quite well altough I have a 50K photos in my library. However I think it is quicker to drag the photo from Photos onto the desktop and then drag it onto Flickr. I have also noticed that the photo description does not appear on Flickr automatically, I had to copy/paste.

Many thanks for the tip !

Nov 12, 2018 4:10 PM in response to ianfromsidmouth

ianfromsidmouth wrote:

Yep, its no longer a feature, and of course if you import directly into Photos on your Mac, the Flickr uploader won't see them as they're hidden in side the Photos package .

It should see them, just in a different way. As I noted above:

The workaround (new paradigm) is to go to flickr.com, initiate a photo upload, and select the photo(s) using the media browser. That is, wait for the "open" dialog and scroll all the way down the sidebar to "Photos" under "Media".

Photos app sharing options no longer support Flickr (and other social media) in OS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.