Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fujifilm XT-3 raw file is not supported in Photos

Hi everyone!

I just got my Fujifilm XT-3 camera and I captured some awesome images using it. However the Photos app in MacOS does not allow me to import the raw format photos (either compressed raw or uncompressed raw), says unsupported raw format. I can’t even get a preview of my pictures.

It’s really weird that XT2 uncompressed raw photos are supported but not XT3. The XT3 raw photo is exactly the same as XT2’s (also x-pro1 x-pro2, etc..) using the same algorithm to create .RAF raw photo files. The only difference is the EXIF data and the size of actual image data.

Is there any way to make Photos app compatible with my XT-3 raw photos so I can at least get a preview of it? It’s really important for us photographers to have our photos organized and Photos is the best one I have ever seen. I have all my previous photos stored in Photos library and I want to keep using it if possible. Thank you so much for the help!!

Have a nice day!

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 9:34 PM

The XT-3 is a brand new camera so no wonder there is no support as yet, does it not come with its own software?

Just because it res the .RAF file extension does not mean the files are exactly the same as those taken on previous models. You will just have to wait until Fuji gives Apple the information necessary and for Apple to implement it in a future update to Mojave.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 9:34 PM in response to PiPiSouce

The XT-3 is a brand new camera so no wonder there is no support as yet, does it not come with its own software?

Just because it res the .RAF file extension does not mean the files are exactly the same as those taken on previous models. You will just have to wait until Fuji gives Apple the information necessary and for Apple to implement it in a future update to Mojave.

Oct 1, 2018 12:23 AM in response to dialabrain

Thx dialabrain!

Luckily I do have Affinity photo both on iPad and Mac as my main photo editing software. Affinity resolve RAF quiet fantastic. Crispy sharp low noise correct & vivid color. The only problem is the loading time is tremendous and there is no way for Affinity to preview the photo in finder (or even in the software UI). Also Apple Photos will organize raw&jpeg together, wonderful hierarchy management and providing awesome editing support and that’s mainly why I use it.

I guess I just have to wait until apple add compressed raw to its supporting list then. Seems like lots of people has been waiting for 2 yrs. That’s not cool, Apple.

Fujifilm XT-3 raw file is not supported in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.