Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPAD wont connect to NEW car

I have a brand new Honda and a BRAND NEW iPAD with OS 12.0. The Honda does not sense the ipad at all (either via USB, accessory or "IPOD" connection choices), it just keeps stating not device connected. I am trying to connect via USB so that I have full functionality. I have tried three usb ports, different lightning cables, turn on/off/restart the iPAD, on off to the vehicle. The car comes with apple play and it just does not work. I can connect via bluetooth but the sound quality is so poor that way and you do not have the full functionality. Apple, many have asked this question and there is clearly an APPLE software problem, what is the solution? (android connects perfectly)

iPad (6th gen) Wi-FI, Cellular, iOS 12, iPAD and CAR both brand new

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 12:49 PM

SOLVED this. Took one and a half months to solve this. Disclosure: I filed a complaint x 2 with Honda. Dealer could not resolve and two young employees could not get it to work. Not sure if Honda can assist ie log into the car without me knowing. Also filed this apple question and received no help from Apple. Hours of internet research.

first, assure iPAD is updated and restarted (it was), cables are all ok and cars USB ports work. I used a rocketfish cable so the suggestion that only the apple cable works was not true. PS: Be sure the lightning cable is inserted correctly. I used the USB in the center console enclosed cabinet and that sensed just fine.

before going to your car, sign up for free trial apple music On your iPAD. Download a few songs and play at least one.

Go to the car, dont start car yet. hook up iPAD to cars USB before turning vehicle on. Turn on your IPAD and Play a song on iTunes

turn on the vehicle with iPAD iTunes still Playing. it might just start playing At that point (Mine did not play the first time but did every time after that).

the first time I used it I selected IPOD on the Honda’s audio “source” screen. Finally it said Loading.

it said that for a while, not sure why though, and did not immediately play. I got gas, turned iPAD iTunes on again, started car and Voila it worked.

playlist modes etc all active. The only weird thing, and I have this problem on bluetooth connect also, is even though the iPAD is set to songs only on this iPAD the song list the car sees is all 1000+ of my songs Ie even ones not on the iPAD. Shuffle works fine just annoying if you manually advance because all the songs are not there and have to forward until I find one that is. It did not list all songs one time and I am not sure what I did right that time. Set it how you want it to play before you drive because Some control choices on the Honda screen will not let you change something while driving which is a hassle. Not sure if Honda tech knows whether a passenger is trying to use it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2018 12:49 PM in response to Wizard33

SOLVED this. Took one and a half months to solve this. Disclosure: I filed a complaint x 2 with Honda. Dealer could not resolve and two young employees could not get it to work. Not sure if Honda can assist ie log into the car without me knowing. Also filed this apple question and received no help from Apple. Hours of internet research.

first, assure iPAD is updated and restarted (it was), cables are all ok and cars USB ports work. I used a rocketfish cable so the suggestion that only the apple cable works was not true. PS: Be sure the lightning cable is inserted correctly. I used the USB in the center console enclosed cabinet and that sensed just fine.

before going to your car, sign up for free trial apple music On your iPAD. Download a few songs and play at least one.

Go to the car, dont start car yet. hook up iPAD to cars USB before turning vehicle on. Turn on your IPAD and Play a song on iTunes

turn on the vehicle with iPAD iTunes still Playing. it might just start playing At that point (Mine did not play the first time but did every time after that).

the first time I used it I selected IPOD on the Honda’s audio “source” screen. Finally it said Loading.

it said that for a while, not sure why though, and did not immediately play. I got gas, turned iPAD iTunes on again, started car and Voila it worked.

playlist modes etc all active. The only weird thing, and I have this problem on bluetooth connect also, is even though the iPAD is set to songs only on this iPAD the song list the car sees is all 1000+ of my songs Ie even ones not on the iPAD. Shuffle works fine just annoying if you manually advance because all the songs are not there and have to forward until I find one that is. It did not list all songs one time and I am not sure what I did right that time. Set it how you want it to play before you drive because Some control choices on the Honda screen will not let you change something while driving which is a hassle. Not sure if Honda tech knows whether a passenger is trying to use it.

Brand new iPAD wont connect to NEW car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.