Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout app - Start workout reminders stopped working...

I have a new Series 4 Apple Watch, and for some reason, the Start workout reminders have stopped working. They did work several times on my Series 3 and once or twice on the new Series 4. This weird behavior started when I turned off the End workout reminders. After that, I never received any notification to start a workout ever again. I was out for a walk this weekend and was walking for aver 30 minutes and the watch never prompted me to start a workout. Not sure what's going on here but if definitely sounds like a bug.

What I've done so far to attempt to fix the issue:

* Toggle the Start Workout Reminder on and off

* restarted both the Watch and the Phone

* updated to WatchOS 5.0.1

Anyone else having this issue with a new Series 4 Watch? And, if so, were you able to resolve the issue?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 9:46 AM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2018 7:47 AM in response to g8k3pr

Hello g8k3pr,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you aren't receiving notifications related to various items in the Activity app on your watch. The following steps should be useful in ensuring that notifications are enabled:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Health.
  3. Tap Edit, then tap Wheelchair and choose Yes.
  4. Tap Done.
Best regards.

Oct 3, 2018 3:17 PM in response to g8k3pr

I noticed today when I did an outside walk, I purposely didn't start the workout to see if the start workout reminder would work. It didn't. It worked the other day when I did an indoor walk. I got exercise credit minutes as well as burned calories, but I never got the start workout reminder. I think the feature worked until I upgraded to watch os 5.0.1. Maybe there is a bug in that software that's causing the issue. If anyone knows a fix for this please let me know, because sometimes I just forget to start a workout and this feature is cool if it works correctly.

Oct 3, 2018 3:20 PM in response to ottoharsh

This is interesting. I suoectes it had to do with a storage issue. I only ha e 3.2 GB left. Mainly due to pod cast default sync settings. I also have some music as well. I deleted the old casts and a few albums and I was able to free up some storage and had about 6.5 GB available. After that and waiting about 24 hrs, I walked to the shuttle and I started to get the start workout alert. Ever since it has started to work after about 10 m of walking.

Oct 4, 2018 1:30 PM in response to ottoharsh

Update. So I tested the workout reminder on my watch this morning while doing an indoor walk on a treadmill . My iPhone was nearby. The reminder worked. This afternoon I went on an outdoor walk without my iPhone and the workout reminder did not work. I do have a cellular watch so I wouldn’t think I would need my phone for the feature to work. Anybsugg

Workout app - Start workout reminders stopped working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.