Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DataclassOwnersManager

Does anyone know what this process is? Since I updated my wife's iMac 21.5 system this process is running all the time in her account for the last two days. This system has two user accounts: my administrator account and my wife's standard user account. I don't see this process running on my other two Macs which only have one user account. All three Macs were just updated to Mojave. I never saw this process for High Sierra - so this must be something new - but it doesn't ever end. A Google search found nothing useful.

David

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 3:39 PM

Exact same issue here - I've also just updated to Mojave. Same process running on my wifes account (even though she's logged off), we also have two accounts - but it still runs whilst i'm logged in. It's causing my macbook pro to run about ~20 degrees hotter than usual. Never seen this process before, but I am able to kill it. Nothing really coming up on a quick Google search.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2018 3:39 PM in response to DRedfearn

Exact same issue here - I've also just updated to Mojave. Same process running on my wifes account (even though she's logged off), we also have two accounts - but it still runs whilst i'm logged in. It's causing my macbook pro to run about ~20 degrees hotter than usual. Never seen this process before, but I am able to kill it. Nothing really coming up on a quick Google search.

Oct 4, 2018 6:24 PM in response to ohms12

Sorry for the lack of details. Yes, I used Activity Monitor to Force Quit it. I even logged in to the other account, started some software I thought might be the culprit (Citrix Viewer, Citrix Receiver), logged out and back in to my primary account. I also restarted the computer and reset the VRAM. So far, it hasn't returned.

Also, for good measure, I submitted a description of what was going on to Apple.com/feedback/. I wasn't thinking and submitted it under Macbook Pro (should have probably chosen MacOS), but hopefully, if it's a bug, they'll get it to the right folks. I also sent them a link to this thread, so if it is an ongoing issue, perhaps others on here can make further comments and help Apple narrow down whatever it is.

DataclassOwnersManager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.