Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not recognizing my raw only files from my Nikon D500? Have I lost all these shots?

When I shoot in both Jpeg and raw the program downloads my photos, but I have shot in only raw and they are not loading.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 6:22 AM

Although the Nikon D500 is listed among the supported RAW cameras for iOS 12, and macOS Mojave 10.14, it is RAW L format only support at this time. Same drill as we had with the D850 back in 12/2017. There appear to be no footnote RAW limitations with the D600 though.

I just downloaded a RAW image taken by the D500, and opened it in Photos on Mojave.

User uploaded file

This photo also appears correctly in Quick Look, the Finder, and in Finder Preview.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2018 6:22 AM in response to spalady1

Although the Nikon D500 is listed among the supported RAW cameras for iOS 12, and macOS Mojave 10.14, it is RAW L format only support at this time. Same drill as we had with the D850 back in 12/2017. There appear to be no footnote RAW limitations with the D600 though.

I just downloaded a RAW image taken by the D500, and opened it in Photos on Mojave.

User uploaded file

This photo also appears correctly in Quick Look, the Finder, and in Finder Preview.

Photos not recognizing my raw only files from my Nikon D500? Have I lost all these shots?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.