Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yamaha So3 Midi Troubleshooting

so I am attempting to run an So3 as a midi controller using Logic and it only plays notes ever now and then and it’s completely random and sometimes it’s shorter notes and sometimes sustaine which makes zero sense to me. I am using an HDE midi cable and am almost wondering if it’s the cable? Though I just bought it last week... so I am wondering if there’s something else I need to checK? I have tried messing with the midi settings on the So3 and nothing is changing. Please help!

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 11:37 AM

It's the MIDI cable.

If it's this one, these cheap cables do not follow the MIDI spec completely, they will work on older systems and some older operating systems. many who've passed through these parts have experiences exactly the behavior you've described.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 2, 2018 8:09 PM in response to Radarhus

Update: so I ran a midi test and output is fine however on the input test the arrow would only light up sometimes when I hit the keys which goes right along with what was already happening. Hoping it’s not the input on the keyboard but going to try another USB and see if that does the trick tomorrow. However if you have any more insight it is greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Yamaha So3 Midi Troubleshooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.