Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch will not pair with my IPhone XS

I have been trying repeatedly to pair my Apple Watch with my new phone and it just keeps saying ”Pairing Failed Your Apple Watch couldn’t pair with your iPhone“

I unpaired my Apple Watch with my previous iPhone 6s and checked it had unpaired, I then reset the watch ready for my new phone. When I started the new pairing it seemed to all go asking which wrist and whether I wanted it as a new watch or from backu, I choose new set up. It then did an update to Watch OS 4.3.2 again all seemed fine. It finished the update and then went back to the beginnin, asking me to pair the Watch. I chose language and country then held the phone camera over the watch screen and just ke getting the message “Pairing Failed Your Apple Watch couldn’t pair with your IPhone“

I have tried resetting the watch to factory settings and again tried repeatedly but to no avail. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to sort it out ?

Apple Watch, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 7:08 AM

Good morning, Ian1812!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about pairing your Apple Watch with your new iPhone. I'm happy to help you today.

First make sure that your iPhone has been updated to the latest version of iOS.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch. Then go into a dimly lit room with no overhead lighting. On your Apple Watch, select the language and then tap to start pairing. Make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on. Put your Apple Watch on and hold the iPhone near the Apple Watch for at least 30 seconds or until you see, "Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch."

Please let me know if you were able to pair your Apple Watch.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 7:08 AM in response to Ian1812

Good morning, Ian1812!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about pairing your Apple Watch with your new iPhone. I'm happy to help you today.

First make sure that your iPhone has been updated to the latest version of iOS.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch. Then go into a dimly lit room with no overhead lighting. On your Apple Watch, select the language and then tap to start pairing. Make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on. Put your Apple Watch on and hold the iPhone near the Apple Watch for at least 30 seconds or until you see, "Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch."

Please let me know if you were able to pair your Apple Watch.

Have a great day!

Apple Watch will not pair with my IPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.