Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Server: VPN and wiki services not visible anymore in 5.7.1.

After the latest update to version 5.7.1 (installed on Mojave), I'm not able to find anymore the VPN and wiki service on Server app, so they are actually down, please help!

Mac mini, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 1:36 AM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2018 3:23 AM in response to hevamanagement

Apple gave significant advanced warning in April 2018 that several services were going to be removed from a future version of Server.app i.e. would be removed in what has turned out to be version 5.7.1.

The original warning is here - https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PTnEMPI5yM8J:https://suppo rt.apple.com/en-hk/HT208312+&cd=2&hl=en&…

This has now been updated to confirm this here - Prepare for changes to macOS Server 5.7.1 - Apple Support

As you can see the VPN and Wiki modules were announced as due to be removed and now have been removed. Apple did and do list suggested alternative software to use instead.

If you really still want to use Apple's now removed services your only option is to downgrade to High Sierra and an older version of Server.app. (If you have copies of them.)

Oct 3, 2018 8:07 AM in response to hevamanagement

We've been burned by this update. I knew Apple has been removing parts of OS X Server but to have no warnings that active services are being eliminated on a live server is pretty poor.

ftp, web serving, VPN and many others are gone.

I installed the update and now my sites are off-line until I get a replacement server app up and running. I can't use a Time Machine backup unless I revert the entire machine to High Sierra.

Screwed!!

OS X Server: VPN and wiki services not visible anymore in 5.7.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.