Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie does not let me export to 1080p even though I recorded in 1080p 60fps why?

iMovie does not let me export to 1080p even though I recorded in 1080p 60fps why?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Hi,

Try closing iMovie and then opening it while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Then see if you can share out at 1080p 60fps. Sometimes that cures export problems.

Also, in order to get a 1080p 60fps share option it is the project, not the clip, that needs to be set at 1080p 60 fps. Click on the settings button on the right of your screen just above the time line. See what setting is applied to your project. If it's not 1080p 60 fps then create a new project and insert a known 1080p 60 fps as the first clip that is placed into the project. That will set it at 1080p 60 fps and should give you that share option. Even if your original project had already been set at 1080p 60 fps, try creating a new project and sharing from there, as sometimes problems can be confined to one individual problem.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2018 7:00 PM in response to aav900

Hi,

Try closing iMovie and then opening it while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Then see if you can share out at 1080p 60fps. Sometimes that cures export problems.

Also, in order to get a 1080p 60fps share option it is the project, not the clip, that needs to be set at 1080p 60 fps. Click on the settings button on the right of your screen just above the time line. See what setting is applied to your project. If it's not 1080p 60 fps then create a new project and insert a known 1080p 60 fps as the first clip that is placed into the project. That will set it at 1080p 60 fps and should give you that share option. Even if your original project had already been set at 1080p 60 fps, try creating a new project and sharing from there, as sometimes problems can be confined to one individual problem.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.