Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removal of photo book creator from Photos

Apple recently announced that the photo book purchasing service would cease from 30 September 2018.

With the release of Mojave and the updated version of Photos, Apple has also removed the ability to create a photo book within the Photos app and save it as a PDF.

The Photos photo book creator was extremely user friendly and allowed users to create a great way to show the photographic record of events etc. It allowed the user to create an electronic photo book and save it as well as distribute it as a pdf without having to go to the expense of purchasing a hard copy photo book.

I have not been able to find any other app or system that works as well.

What can be done to get Apple to put the photo book creation back into Photos?

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 6:18 AM

Send feedback to Apple and describe, why it is essential to be able to create Photo Books as a PDF to share with friends. Feedback - Photos - Apple

I also used the books a lot to create a collage of photos or to compare photos side-by-side. I liked to be able to browse my photo books as a PDF on my iPad.

For the time being, I am using again iPhoto 9.6.1 to create the PDFs of a book. It is still working well on Mojave.

The Photo extensions I tried do not allow to save a PDF and I cannot use them without an internet connection.

You may want to try the PrestoPhoto app. It offers templates to create a book in Pages. Then you have all the flexibility to edit offline with Pages, to print the book yourself, or to order it from Presto Photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 6:18 AM in response to georgefromlongueville

Send feedback to Apple and describe, why it is essential to be able to create Photo Books as a PDF to share with friends. Feedback - Photos - Apple

I also used the books a lot to create a collage of photos or to compare photos side-by-side. I liked to be able to browse my photo books as a PDF on my iPad.

For the time being, I am using again iPhoto 9.6.1 to create the PDFs of a book. It is still working well on Mojave.

The Photo extensions I tried do not allow to save a PDF and I cannot use them without an internet connection.

You may want to try the PrestoPhoto app. It offers templates to create a book in Pages. Then you have all the flexibility to edit offline with Pages, to print the book yourself, or to order it from Presto Photos.

Removal of photo book creator from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.