Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move single iMovie project from external drive back to the computer?

I've moved my iMovie Library.imovielibrary to an external drive. However for on the go editing I would like to move at least one project back to my laptop. Is there a way to do this without exporting the project and re-importing back into iMovie?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.2.6, Automator

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 7:49 PM

Hi,

This help link will explain how to copy or move a project from one library to another.

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov3fa25bae7

Create a new library on your computer. Open it and leave it open. Then go to your external drive and open your other iMovie library. In iMovie go to your Projects browser screen (where your projects are displayed as icons). Move your cursor over the project icon. A little circle with dots in it will appear to the right of the project name. Click on the circle and in the drop down menu select Copy Project to Library, and then choose the name of the new library that you created on your computer. The project will be copied over to that library.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 7:49 PM in response to Kalebo

Hi,

This help link will explain how to copy or move a project from one library to another.

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov3fa25bae7

Create a new library on your computer. Open it and leave it open. Then go to your external drive and open your other iMovie library. In iMovie go to your Projects browser screen (where your projects are displayed as icons). Move your cursor over the project icon. A little circle with dots in it will appear to the right of the project name. Click on the circle and in the drop down menu select Copy Project to Library, and then choose the name of the new library that you created on your computer. The project will be copied over to that library.

-- Rich

How to move single iMovie project from external drive back to the computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.