Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete an icon from the menu bar?

I once installed malwarebytes on my computer. I've been advised on this forum that it's a bad idea, so i uninstalled it. I was still receiving update notifications, and I stopped that in system preferences under "notifications"

Problem is, the icon is still on my menu bar. Since the app is gone, I can't go to its settings. it's also not in my user login items in system preferences.

Any suggestions?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), 27" Mid 2011

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 7:33 AM

Yes, reinstall Malwarebytes and use the uninstaller. I don't know who "advised" Malwarebytes was a "bad idea" but they were mistaken. Malwarebytes is often recommended on these forums to remove malware. One thing is, you may not want to have it runnng in the background. Just use it if you are infected with malware/adware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 7:33 AM in response to CiviB

Yes, reinstall Malwarebytes and use the uninstaller. I don't know who "advised" Malwarebytes was a "bad idea" but they were mistaken. Malwarebytes is often recommended on these forums to remove malware. One thing is, you may not want to have it runnng in the background. Just use it if you are infected with malware/adware.

how do i delete an icon from the menu bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.