Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sustain pedal does not work

My sustain pedal has stopped working suddenly. My M-Audio oxygen 61 midi still works fine but the sustain pedal does not seem to be sending any signal anymore. I downloaded an external application to see if the computer is getting any signal from the sustain pedal. It does recognise the sustain pedal, so the problem is within logic. I found out that when I bypass all control surfaces the sustain pedal works for some reason. I also created a new account on my computer and opened logic on there, and everything works fine. I cannot find any setting I might have accidentally changed, that makes my sustain pedal only work with the control surfaces bypassed.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Logic Pro X 10.4.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 4:53 AM

You have unwittingly assigned your pedal to some other function in the Controller Assignments window. Open the Controller Assignments window and delete the assignment. Before closing it, make sure that the Learn button is off (grey - blue means it is on, and will assign the very next MIDI message).

User uploaded file

Off mode:

User uploaded file

Similar questions

2 replies

Sustain pedal does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.