Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad backlight bleed

Last year I bought an iPad Pro 2 12.9 and I have had it for 15 months now. Right before the warranty expiration, I noticed there was a white dot on the edge of the screen. I was at an Apple store for something else so I asked one of the experts if that was normal and she told me it was nothing major. Two months later I have now 6 dots and it seems not to be stopping any soon. The effect is annoying when I have a white of gray background screen while it is absent when the edge of the screen is black. I am aware there were issues with old iPad but I can't believe there are still problems now with the newest devices.

Does anyone has a solution to that? Do you know if it will continue until the whole edge becomes white with much more back light bleeding. I went to an Apple store and all they told me was that the warranty expired in July and the only thing they can do is to send my iPad for a screen replacement with a cost of $599.

This thing is killing me since I love my iPad and I wasn't expecting anything like that.

User uploaded file

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, iOS 12, null

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 11:04 AM

Unfortunately there is not solution other than replacing the screen (according to Apple support). The bleed is on the left side of the screen and I went from having a couple of dots to having now 8 light bleeds (it gets worse with the time). The light is less intense but still annoying. I guess I will have to deal with it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 11:04 AM in response to Zarchiball

Unfortunately there is not solution other than replacing the screen (according to Apple support). The bleed is on the left side of the screen and I went from having a couple of dots to having now 8 light bleeds (it gets worse with the time). The light is less intense but still annoying. I guess I will have to deal with it.

Nov 11, 2018 10:41 AM in response to Raffa1635

Have you found any fixes other than a replacement screen? I am on my 3rd iPad 9.7 6th gen within a week. The previous 2 had an unbearable backlight bleed problem and this 3rd one still has a bit of bleed on the right side but I guess I can deal with it. Please reply if you have found a solution that doesn’t involve just trying my luck with a 4th one! (All of the bleed problems have been on the right side of the screen)

iPad backlight bleed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.