Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error during Mojave installing: The installer could not verify the disk

Hi!

I'm using iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) (C02TK3HAJ1GG) with MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

I have a problem with Mojave installation: system dialog says me, that "The installer could not verify the disk. Open Disk Utility, then run First Aid."

User uploaded file

First Aid doesn't help

User uploaded file

After running First Aid problem still present.

This is not a single case, two of my colleagues have the same problem and we have at least 150 another iMacs that potentially could have the problem.

Is there some way to update my MacOS to Mojave?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 2:33 AM

So, I finally figured out the cause of the problem: on my Mac, I had a separate hard drive and SSD, without a Fusion Drive. This is why the Mojave installer gave me an error.

But in my case, the solution was to make clean install Mojave after I removed my HDD and SSD and made a Fusion Drive. I have not found a way to do Fusion Drive without erasing the disk.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2018 2:33 AM in response to okoleksii

So, I finally figured out the cause of the problem: on my Mac, I had a separate hard drive and SSD, without a Fusion Drive. This is why the Mojave installer gave me an error.

But in my case, the solution was to make clean install Mojave after I removed my HDD and SSD and made a Fusion Drive. I have not found a way to do Fusion Drive without erasing the disk.

Error during Mojave installing: The installer could not verify the disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.