Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail slow to display in Mohave

Ever since upgrading to Mohave, Apple Mail is slow to display contents in the main window. The list of emails is there on the left, but when clicking on the email, the contents take a long time to display. I often have to leave and come back. This was not a problem in High Sierra and before. I have a late 2015 iMac with Retina display. There is ample memory and 75% CPU available in Activity Monitor. Anyone else having this problem?

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 9:59 AM

4 replies

Dec 30, 2018 8:17 AM in response to theologist

There is no indication (progress bar, status pop-up, etc.) that Rebuild does anything. My extremely slow-loading and frequently freezing Mail is not improved by Rebuild. The problem began after installing Mojave. I deactivated my Gmail accounts from Mail (Apple Mail's support for Gmail was poor in past versions but had been working great in High Sierra.) That did not improve the issue.

Mail slow to display in Mohave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.