Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad no longer opens on locked screen

After turning on the iPad Air2 after it’s been shut down, the Apple image appears, then my home screen. It no longer provides the screen for me to enter my passcode, it automatically takes me to my home screen with all my apps. What caused this? And, how do I correct this so the IPad locks and requires my passcode to continue? TY

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 8:27 AM

Good morning roguerun!

I see that you're wanting your iPad Air to display a passcode requirement when you unlock it, like it used to. I'll be happy to help out with this.

Your passcode may have been turned off. Here's how to make sure it's turned on:
  1. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode.
  2. Tap Turn Passcode On.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter a six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
  4. Enter your passcode again to confirm it and activate it.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2018 8:27 AM in response to roguerun

Good morning roguerun!

I see that you're wanting your iPad Air to display a passcode requirement when you unlock it, like it used to. I'll be happy to help out with this.

Your passcode may have been turned off. Here's how to make sure it's turned on:
  1. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode.
  2. Tap Turn Passcode On.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter a six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
  4. Enter your passcode again to confirm it and activate it.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Take care!

IPad no longer opens on locked screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.