Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringly Unavailable After "Offload App" Feature

I have a couple of Ringly devices that I LOVE and I had no idea they went out of business in January. The app was still working fine until I had to temporarily use a phone that had smaller storage. I enabled the "offload unused apps" feature to deal with the size issue. I never had to change the settings on my Ringly, so it worked just fine without logging into the app and it was automatically offloaded.

When I went back to my normal phone, I went to click on the app and I received two error messages:

1. Reinstalling "Ringly"

You're trying to open an app that's currently not installed. The app will start downloading in the background.

and then very quickly, a second dialog box:

2. Unable to Install "Ringly"

The app is no longer available in the App store.

Aaahhhhh!

I checked my iTunes mobile apps and I still have the .ipa file. I legitimately downloaded this app, and by all means it should still be syncing to my phone except for this offload app feature did something to prevent it from being used again...

I hope Apple can resolve this for me. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so, have you been able to resolve this issue?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 11:43 PM

I hope Apple can resolve this for me.

Apple are not here, these are user forums, we are fellow users.

If the developer has removed the app from your country's store you won't be able to redownload it. Do you have a copy of it in your computer's iTunes library or backup of your downloads/computer so that you can copy it back ?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2018 11:43 PM in response to Caroline Alemany

I hope Apple can resolve this for me.

Apple are not here, these are user forums, we are fellow users.

If the developer has removed the app from your country's store you won't be able to redownload it. Do you have a copy of it in your computer's iTunes library or backup of your downloads/computer so that you can copy it back ?

Ringly Unavailable After "Offload App" Feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.